Eyes can speak a thousand words but the dark circles under your eyes reveal a lot about your health, lifestyle and routine.
Dark circles are common among both men and women. The reasons that dark circles appear under your eyes are due to stress, lack of sleep, hormonal changes, disturbed lifestyle, hereditary issues and many more. If not treated in time, they will not only dull your appearance, but also lead to serious health issues.
Although chemical based products are quite helpful in getting rid of your dark circles, but thos
e with sensitive skin can only benefit from pure home remedies. These are a few easily doable home remedies to get rid of your dark circles.
1. Tomatoes: Tomatoes are the best solution for getting rid of dark circles, as they help decrease the darkness under your eyes and also make your skin soft and supple. Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it under the eyes. Keep it for about 10 minutes and then wash it off with water. Repeat at least twice a day. You can also drink tomato juice mixed with some lemon juice and mint leaves in order to get rid of dark circles.
2. Grated potatoes: Grate some raw potato and then extract the juice from it. Take a cotton ball soaking it in the extracted potato juice. Close your eyes and place the cotton balls over them. Make sure you cover the entire area of the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
3. Cold tea bags: A simple technique to get rid of your dark circles is by using cold tea bags. Soak a tea bag, preferably a green tea bag in water. Chill it by placing it in the refrigerator. Now, put them on your eyes. Use this remedy on a regular basis.
4. Cold milk: Regular use of cold milk will decrease your dark circles instantly. It will further soothe your eyes and skin. Take a cotton ball and place it in a bowl of cold milk. Now apply the cotton ball making sure that it covers the entire eye especially the dark circles. Keep it for a while. Wash it with water.
5. Orange juice: Orange juice is an effective remedy to remove dark circles. Mix some orange juice and a few drops of glycerin, apply this mixture over the dark circles. Not only will it reduce the dark circles but will give your eyes a natural glow.
6. Yoga/meditation: Three of the main reasons of dark circles under your eyes are stress, depression and a hectic lifestyle. Thus, no home remedies will work if your mind is a chaotic place. The best solution is to practise yoga and meditation on a daily basis. It will help decrease your dark circles and calming your mind and body.